Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 10, 2014

What A Day

Spent half the day on what I term an 'Epic Fail' task, which was to solve the issue of an X file loading in but having an animation issue. When I see this from my own art, I often ask the artist to correct the issue, but the engine will need to handle MOST types of X file which means solving this one. Alas after four hours it remains a mystery, so I decided to continue my main list and sort out custom animations for the AI system.

This also turned out to be a pig as I had to manually extract ALL the hacked in animation frames and create a new way to store them externally, and ensure the system did not break in the process. As at 5PM I am half way through this but at least the end is in sight and viable, unlike this mornings coding pain.

Once I have the custom animation frames externalized, I can then bring out the Zombies, Elephants and Robot Waiters to test the functionality, which is basically allowing ANY custom character to follow waypoints and obey the clever systems built into the DarkAI module.  Hopefully Thursday will see it in a form that I can test and refine.  Until then...

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét