Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 10, 2013

Friday In Study

Small Blog Day

Nothing supreme to report today. Spent most of Friday studying NSIGHT and it's various profiling capabilities. It has the very cool feature of being able to remote debug, allowing for a true reading of performance on the application. The downside is that I installed the NVIDIA card in my development machine, so now I need to buy another card to install into the target machine for true profiling. No small inconvenience except that with the time constraints any remote debugging will have to be conducted after the beta release. In the meantime I am sure the 'local debugging' mode will be revealing and should vastly improve the performance of my GPU antics.

Signing Off

As we're in the final gallop to the beta, I will probably make a special weekend blog to reveal more of my discoveries. We have already determined that 90% of the slow-down is due to 'rendering stuff' which means NSIGHT has a vital role to play in identifying those areas that need the most attention.  Until then, please continue providing the performance shots as they are a great indiicator to me how low I should be setting the graphics card bar. Right now it looks like a shade over the Intel HD3000 benchmark, which is painfully low and requires me to change my views on what constitutes a mid-range card ;)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét