Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Thursday Super Tired

A Pile Of Emails and Plenty Of Zzzz's

I set off this morning at 8:30AM and did not get back until after 5PM, driving both ways and utterly drained. The mission was a new pair of glasses for my continued coding, and of course they will not now be ready until November so back to square one almost.

I started going through emails but suddenly found my head loll right into the keyboard while reading and responding to emails.  I have dealt with the urgent ones, and look mournfully at the 14 remaining ones. Fortunately all juicy FPSC emails, but each one requiring some effort that does not directly contribute towards performance profiling.

Profiling Tool

I also had a recommendation from an alpha tester for a piece of software that compares your graphics card with every other published graphics card in the market and it's quite an eye opener where you find yourself sitting in the grand scheme of things.


I am curious where you guys and gals sit amongst the grand scheme of things, and if anyone would like to share a screen grab of a card they feel should be able to run Reloaded, comment a link here so I can see. The software is called PerformanceTest 8.0 from PassMark:


I am running a GTX 650 Ti Boost, which I consider a middle of the road card capable of running Reloaded once the performance tuning has been done. You can use this litmus test to see if your card is anywhere near this benchmark so you know how your system compares to the one used to develop Reloaded.

Signing Off

I am posting this blog a little early (and short) just in case I fall asleep at the keyboard and miss Thursday's posting.  I will continue chasing engine speed for as long as I can, and hopefully report some more improvements at the weekend. I am still quite happy that all my attention will be on the GPU activities as I have a bit of experience in this area and have a few ideas already.

Alpha Tester Sneak Peek

As you may know we have a few alpha testers producing screen shots in top secret to see what can be created with the early version of the software, and I received a few of them in the inbox, one of which I could not resist but show.


Notice the attention to detail in the mountain sculpture, and the stepping effect. All my mountains so far have been smooth blobby hills, and this shot from Mr H. really showed me what could be done with a little care and patience with the sculpting tool. All the more impressive as we have not finished adding all the sculpting brush modes yet!  Nice work dude.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét