Thứ Sáu, 20 tháng 2, 2015

Swan Song

It's been a hoot, but we have come to the end of this road. I hope you have enjoyed this blog over the last two years and that you gleamed insight into the daily trials of a games engine in development, and the coder responsible.  I would like to thank the thousand or so followers of my daily rant, and together we have clocked just shy of half a million views which is pretty cool.  FPS Creator Reloaded was a pretty apt name for what was meant to be a simple revision of the classic version, but as you saw over the many months of progress we ultimately re-wrote most of it.  As we developed, it became clear that a new more expansive name was required, and finding that name would be very difficult.

As it transpired, after a full day dedicated to brainstorming a new name, and buying the required sites and a certain level of due diligence, we decided on a name, and it only remained to convince the entire pledger community it was a good one.  When we announced, I was pleasantly surprised that almost everyone liked it, and more crucially, understood what it meant in terms of the product direction and vision.

As my final post on this blog I would like to introduce my new blog, which can be found on the newly christened GameGuru website at https://www.game-guru.com/devblog/.  The general understanding is that this blog will be a little more official, and using approved images rather than back-door programmer art, but perhaps this is all for the best. A more professional polished blog will certainly have it's advantages.

It only remains for me to once again thank everyone who read my posts, and I do hope you will join me over at the new site to start a new adventure, which tracks my journey into the world of Steam development and the high and lows associated with being part of the largest game distribution channel on the PC. This blog-spot page will remain for prosperity and a lasting monument to the formative years of Game Guru.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét