Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 1, 2014

Rift Added To Reloaded - Took One Day

Work

Spent the day getting very dizzy and nauseous while fiddling to find the best stereoscopic settings, but I finally found some values that worked for me. The gun and cross hair presented my most time consuming challenges, but finally managed to wrestle them into submission and you can now run around a scene blessed with Rifty goodness.


I have decoupled the weapon from the 'look around and smell the roses' camera, which means you can look down and see yourself reloading, and have moved the gun to the place it should be if your head was some way above your arms :) I am not 100% happy with each of the many components that go into creating the illusion, and I think a LOT of fine tuning is required to recreate that larger than life world of VR.

There is a VERY fine line that needs to be trod so that your final VR render creates a player that is the right scale, the right height, carries things correctly, moves properly, tilts the head from the right joint and a massive bag of very small and subtle things that break the illusion.  As you can imagine this is not a day's work to do, but I am pleased the main blocks of functionality are in place and allow you guys and gals to start playing with the Rift and Reloaded (if you are lucky enough to own both).

Friday I don't plan to let the grass grow around my feet, and I move onto the character AI work. I need to stop them walking into deep waters, firing through terrain and generally behaving like lemons.

Play

Another 4 miles on my personal walking clock, which allowed me to reward myself with a glass of J.D & Coke.  Have ten more minutes writing this blog post and then I am off to watch Time Team and eat. Might return later for 2 more hours of bits and bobs. I have a spare PC with a duff power supply that needs repairing, and a new SSD which needs to go in my newest PC as I plan (once again) to migrate to the new one and leave the old one as a backup. The reason being that my current (old) PC has the nastiest and badly messed up registry you can imagine, and it's starting to prevent me installing stuff.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét